- Web page is visually appealing and structured in a way that makes it easy to access and interact with content.
- Web page enables students and parents to access and interact with instructional materials. Multiple types of resources are in place to support and extend students’ learning.
- Web page provides a structured format for meaningful interactions between teacher and students and among students.
- Web page provides a meaningful structure for ongoing two-way communication with parents.
- Web page provides extensive evidence of meaningful application of course content.
I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the classroom web pages my students have created. Keep in mind that their websites are fictional since these pre-service teachers do not yet have their own classrooms. However, I believe there is much that current classroom teachers can learn from these students' web pages. The creativity and resourcefulness of these sites are amazing. If you're a teacher who is looking to spice up your classroom web page and make it more useful for you, your students, and your students' families, please take some time to check out the sites below. If you're an administrator who expects teachers to keep their web pages up-to-date and use them in a meaningful way, you may want to use some of these as exemplars for your faculty. My students and I would love to hear your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.
High School English:
High School Social Studies: